Bachy Soletanche Ltd, Vibro Menard and Soil Engineering Geoservices Ltd, are committed to operating in a socially and environmentally responsible manner throughout their operations, and to continuing to improve their performance. Combining skills of geotechnical and environmental engineering, they make a positive contribution towards sustainable development.
This statement has been approved by the Board and is reviewed annually by the Sustainability Working Group. It is supported by a number of other policies such as our health and safety policy, environmental policy, equal opportunities policy, training and development policy, anti-bribery policy and sustainable procurement policy.
As a responsible company we:
- Comply with all relevant legislation.
- Maintain sound business ethics and continue to provide a high-quality service efficiently and profitably.
- Maintain our internal management systems for quality, health & safety and the environment.
- Continually work towards reducing our carbon emissions
- Set Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) for environmental, economic and social issues against which we can measure our progress.
- Engage with our peer group through membership of appropriate organisations
- Review our supply chain with regards to sustainability.
As a trusted employer we:
- Minimise the risk of accidents and work-related ill health for our employees and proactively seek to improve performance.
- Employ a diverse workforce and ensure all personnel are treated equally.
- Continue to provide statutory and career development training to our staff to enable them to fulfil their potential.
- Seek to promote sustainability within our workforce through regular and varied communication on the issues involved and encourage dialogue within the employee forum.
As a designer and contractor, we:
- Identify any sustainability issues, or opportunities for improvement, at an early stage and seek to work with the client to improve the sustainability credentials of the scheme.
- As appropriate demonstrate sustainability benefits during the tender process and continue to influence sustainability issues during the construction process.
- Continue to invest in research and development with an aim to develop more sustainable techniques and products.
- Will always explore ways to minimise the use of energy, materials, and water.
- Will seek to avoid adverse impacts on land, air and water and minimize waste generation.
As part of the community we:
- Establish, maintain, and strengthen existing relationships with local schools and academic institutions.
- Wherever appropriate, employ from the local area and use local suppliers to site.
- Be a considerate neighbour during site operations by minimising the environmental impacts of the site.
- Seek opportunities to engage with local communities surrounding our principal offices and major sites.
In support of achieving the above policy, our companies engage with all internal and external stakeholders in promoting sustainable development.