To support the fitter and welders in the preparation, repairs and scheduled maintenance of mechanical plant and equipment, work to be carried out within the companies procedures and policies, ensuring that the work is carried in a safe, timely and cost effective manner.
Personal Qualities and Experience
- Individuals must have a valid CSCS card and have at least 3 years’ experience of working in an operational capacity in a plant yard housing construction equipment.
- A basic knowledge of Microsoft Office software is desirable.
- The individual will be required to use their own initiative and judgement in the role.
- They must know when to refer issues to the site supervisor.
- They will be both focussed and thorough and have the credibility to advise senior management when something needs immediate redress.
- They should have a conscientious and caring attitude towards their work and fellow workmates at all times.
Location: Burscough, although they are required to work in any conditions e.g. excessive heat, noise, dirt. sedentary work, working outside year-round, subject to extremes of climatic conditions, occasional travel may be required in UK & Ireland.
Line Manager: Yard Manager