To complement and strengthen our existing plant team we are seeking a Mobile Fitter to carry out preparation, repairs and scheduled maintenance of mechanical plant equipment. The work is to be carried out within the companies procedures and policies, ensuring it is carried out in a safe, timely and cost effective manner.
- Maintain and repair heavy construction plant equipment including but not limited to the following activates: Diesel engines including diagrams, Hydraulics including diagrams, Electronics including diagrams, Electrics including diagrams, Engines & Fuel Systems including diagrams, Transmissions, Welding.
- Ensure that all paperwork is kept up to date and provided to the Yard Manager.
- Report unsafe conditions, observations, near misses, incidents and accidents back to the BSL safety department and the Yard Manager.
- Attend daily briefings prior to the start of shifts whether in the yard or on site to ensure that they are aware of the daily activities and their roles and responsibilities.
- Demonstrate highly visible and effective HSE and sustainability leadership.
- Ensure compliance with business strategy and procedures.
- Ensure a relentless focus on safety.
Personal Qualities and Experience
Desired knowledge and experience:
- A valid CSCS card and have proven experience of maintaining construction plant and equipment.
- Be competent at fault finding.
- Use your own initiative and judgement in the role, and know when to refer issues to the site supervisor.
- You will be both focussed and thorough and have the credibility to advise senior management when something needs immediate redress.
- A conscientious and caring attitude towards their work and fellow workmates at all times.
- A full driving license is essential for the role.
Location: Vibro Menard Plant Department is based in Burscough, Lancashire, the role will involve working on sites across the UK as required.
Job type: Full-time