To secure work (through the planning and prioritising of estimates and designs for ground improvement techniques ensuring that high quality, competitive proposals are delivered to the customer in a manner consistent with the business strategy and procedures. Ensure that support is provided through the contract stage on all secured work and that safety is prioritised during the design process.
- Lead the bid process to ensure that tender deliverables are produced in a timely and effective manner. Activities to include the following:
- Support the delivery teams, verifying the work of others in a timely and efficient manner, and providing expert technical support, including visits to site and meetings with customers.
- Maintain personal expertise and knowledge to ensure that ground engineering is at the forefront of the industry both technically and in using the latest technologies and standards.
- Actively participate in determining the business strategy and pricing activity.
- Develop and implement a strategy to grow our relationships with key customers:
- Ensure a relentless focus on safety – WORKSAFE HOMESAFE
Personal Qualities and Experience
- A degree in a relevant subject and membership of a relevant professional body (ICE, GeolSoc) and a valid CSCS card.
- Experience and exceptional technical/engineering knowledge of ground engineering processes.
- A capable person-manager, able to develop and coach teams
- Customer centric and flexible in approach, they will have the strategic and creative insight to understand the range of opportunities in invitations to tender and be willing to challenge the norm.
- Focussed and thorough and have the gravitas and professional credibility to advise senior management when something needs immediate redress together with the tenacity and drive to ensure that the necessary action is taken.